Humana PPO now available in Houston and Austin!
Because Humana recently announced they were expanding the availability of this plan, the deadline has been extended until December 31st to sign up if you live in the following counties:
Austin, Bastrop, Bosque, Brazoria, Burnet, Caldwell, Chambers, Colorado, Falls, Fayette, Ft. Bend, Galveston, Grimes, Hays, Hamilton, Harris, Lee, Liberty, Limestone, Milam, Montgomery, Travis, Waller, Washington, Wharton, Williamson
If you live in another county not listed above, your opportunity has passed for January 1st. However, if you sign up by Jan 15th, you can get a Feb 1st start date (see additional information below!).
Here are the plan's details:
- Humana Bronze 6450 with ChoiceCare PPO network
- Deductible and max out of pocket limit are $6,450/person
- HSA eligible
- Off-exchange only: No tax credits available
Only the Bronze plan will be available as a PPO to go along with Humana’s HMO offerings. If you purchase this plan you’re paying a premium for the network, but sometimes the flexibility is worth it and this will be the only plan that has MD Anderson and others in network. If you’re generally healthy and only take generic medications, we usually recommend Bronze plans anyway.
How do I get a quote and sign up?
At TakeCommandHealth.com, we make it really easy to see if the Humana PPO is right for you. You can get a quote, search for your doctors, and see how this Bronze Plan covers your medications and health needs.
If you decide it's a fit, we make signing up a breeze! There are a few important details you need to know and how to get a Jan 1st start date:
- Once you've applied, you'll receive an auto-confirmation from Humana for the plan with a start date of Feb 1st.
- If you live in one of the counties above, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment in the special instructions section of our application (at the very end) that you want a Jan 1st start date. We have to adjust this for you.
- Your first premium will be billed on Jan 30th (even with a Jan 1st start!). Your second premium will be billed Feb 1st and on or around the 1st for subsequent months. This means if you apply now and want a Jan 1st start, you won't pay until Jan 30th but you'll have two back to back payments. Just something to plan ahead for.
What if I already signed up for a plan but want to change to this one?
You can still sign up! Remember, if you live in one of the counties listed above, you can get a Jan 1st start all the way up to Dec 31st. If you miss that deadline or live in another county, you can still sign up by Jan 15th to get a Feb 1st start date or by Jan 31st to get a Mar 1st start dates. You could use the plan you signed up for a month or two (or get a temporary plan for Jan and/or Feb) and then flip to the Humana PPO for the rest of 2016.
See if the Humana PPO has your doctors and is right for you! Visit TakeCommandHealth.com or click the button below to get started: