The many rules surrounding ICHRA and other HRAs can change year over year. If keeping up with changing regulations sounds overwhelming, take heart! A good ICHRA administration tool should have built-in, automatic updates to ensure compliance. Let's check out what to look for when it comes to ICHRA providers to help you administer a health reimbursement arrangement for your company or client.
How does ICHRA administration work?
The changing rules and regulations for ICHRA means that you'll need to offer your HRA through an official ICHRA administration platform. That way, you don't have to stay on top of every update or worry about ICHRA compliance.
Whether you're the plan administrator on staff or a benefits consultant helping a client, an ICHRA administration tool should make it easy to manage the ICHRA, track reimbursements, and comply with all reporting requirements.
Key features include:
- Easy setup
- Support for understanding affordability and premium tax credits and how those affect employees.
- Cloud-based account access.
- Real-time access to accounting information.
- An easy way to manage employee enrollment in the ICHRA.
- A way to track and record reimbursements (and send automatic notice of reimbursement decisions to employees).
- Online, automatic annual renewal.
Can I administer an ICHRA myself?
Our best advice? Don't even think about it. When dealing with health insurance and employees' health, privacy is a big deal. Things could get pretty uncomfortable for everyone involved. Then there's the HIPAA Privacy Rule, which is another layer of protection for employees' private health information. It's also time consuming for business owners to keep up with the medical receipts, maintain all the health information in a secure way, and handle the paperwork that comes with it.
Take Command Health as your ICHRA provider
A good HRA administration tool will do all the heavy lifting for you and help you navigate the process from start to finish.
Ours will help you with:
- Legal documents
- Onboarding employees
- Tax documents and year-end reporting
- HIPAA and privacy compliance
- A customized admin portal to review and approve HRA documents, view monthly reimbursement reports, add/remove employees, manage subscriptions, update payment information, and see overview information about HRAs.
84% of our clients surveyed said they spend less than an hour each month administering their HRA.
How Take Command Health can help...
Call us biased, but we think our Take Command Health ICHRA Administration tool is the way to go! Chat with our team with any questions you may have about these new, tax-friendly benefits or check out our new ICHRA Guide for more information on its background, setup process, requirements, and rules.